Sunday 31 January 2016

DEAR MADISON

Welcome back to the fourth week of the Gratitude Challenge, how exciting! "A family member" is on todays agenda, although I previously talked about family in my last post, but this time I thought I'd try make it a little different. I thought I'd include a nice little 2009 throwback. I used to be obsessed with this photo haha, so cute.


A letter to my sister. My incredibly annoying little sister Madison.

You are only 11 years old (a baby really), and have no idea what life is really about. You will grow up in a world of crap Disney Channel, when I was young the hottest shows were Hannah Montana, The Suite Life of Zac and Cody, That's so Raven, Lizzie Mcquire, Wizards of Waverly place, Kim Possible, Sonny with a Chance, American Dragon, and Recess. You will grow up listening to the likes of One Direction, Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber, whereas the hit tunes when I was your age were Steps and S Club! It was all about reaching for the stars, not doing the stanky leg.

My childhood was spent playing out with friends, colouring in and singing along to all the High School Musical films, not glued to an iPhone, iPad, iPod, laptop etc etc. Those things are bad for the mind. You'll realise that when you grow older, trust me.

High school is going to flash by in the blink of an eye, you won't think it will now, you're in year 7, you'll think you have an entirety of boring school, you will be in floods of tears at the end of year 11, wishing you didn't have to leave. Maybe you'll stay on for sixth form like I did, after you leave that will have been 7 years of your life in that place, you wont want to grow up.

So live your life Maddy. As cliche as it sounds, live it to the fullest. Hold on to your childhood, grasp onto your youth, because it doesn't last forever. One day you will have to venture off into the big scary world, full of scary looking adults doing scary business like jobs. You'll have decisions to make, will you go to uni? What career do you want to go in? You will feel bombarded with worries and decisions, but that's where I come in.

Because I'm your older sister, I feel like it's my duty to be by your side, for just a little while longer I suppose. (Reminder: At first chance RUN LIKE HELL!) Joking! But I suppose I'll stick around and watch you blossom into the lovely woman you'll become. Ah pass me the tissues, I can't see you growing up. I still remember you as the cutest child in the whole wide world. You got the good genes. You look adorable in every photo, I definitely am the ugly sister, so not fair Madison.

I hope you never cut your hair. Don't make the mistake I did, I thought it would be cool to cut my hair shoulder length short in high school, it did not suit me at all to say the least. Maddy, you have the most gorgeous hair ever, I have serious envy, oh and for future reference, your hair is beautiful curly too.

My sister and I argue constantly, she starts everything, and I can't end it. So we don't really get anywhere you see. I will refrain myself from writing that she is annoying and a mornge, oops sorry. But hopefully you grow into your boots young one!

Sometimes, she's alright haha! We can sing songs and dance like weirdo's for hours on end, namely to High School Musical, but whose to judge? Staying up on our laptops playing on the MyScene website is a real treat, and pigging out watching films is my number 1. We can always make each other cry with laughter, were just so weird, I'm glad someone is taking after me, and I hope I can be a good role model for the rest of your life, that is if you wanna look up to me, which I think you definitely should because I'm seriously the coolest person ever. (Singing to HSM and playing on My Scene definitely equates me to being cool doesn't it?????)

You're ridiculously intelligent, so I have no fear or worry for your future, you will go far and do wonderful things. You have it all going for you, never forget that. I find it so weird how we both grew up in totally different times. I'd love to go back to my childhood, whilst yours is flying away as the years pass. I wonder if we'll stay in close contact when were both older, or will we both still argue like crazy haha. It's weird to think that far ahead.

So I think what I'm trying to say is, that I am grateful to you Madison. That no matter how alone and dismal I may feel, I can always open my bedroom door and see you singing and dancing away in your room. I am grateful to have a little sister.

I wish you all the very best for your future Mads! X
SHARE:

22 comments

  1. Aw this was a lovely post to read. So sweet. I don't have a sister, just an older brother. But I hope one day when she's a little bit older that she will come across this and enjoy reading it!!xx

    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I've always wanted an older brother haha! I hope so too, it'll be nice to look back on! :) xxx

      Delete
  2. This is so lovely, Becky! I have an older sister, there's only an 8 month age gap but she's still someone I look up too, just like i'm sure Maddy looks up to you!!x

    AimeeSueXO
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! Awww, I've always wanted a sister who I was close in age too, I bet it's like having a friend!! xxx

      Delete
  3. This is such a lovely letter. I hope your younger sister is able to read this one day. This definitely bought back some wonderful memories! I have a younger brother, but there is only three years between us and we grew up watching all the same stuff and dancing to the same music!

    Beka. xo | littleworldofbeka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely!! And aw that's sooo cute!!! XXX

      Delete
  4. Such a lovely letter Becky! Your sister is very lucky to have an older sister like you! I hope she reads this one day :) xx

    www.beckieeschle.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a lovely post, your sister will love this when she eventually reads this! xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet, I always wish I had a younger sister or just another sibling. I'm an only child, no I'm not a brat (I think!) but just sometimes very lonely. Even though I'm an adult now, I still wish I had a close and good friend that I could hang out with who would love me regardless.

    Sally ~ DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun!! And awww, I can't imagine myself being an only child haha!! and aw i know what you mean, I hope you have other family members who you're really close to lovely xxxxxx

      Delete
  7. This is such a heart-warming and absolutely beautiful post, Becky! I am sure your sister Madison is very happy and lucky to have you as her older sister :) x

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww thank you lovelyyyyy!!! means alot! xxx

      Delete
  8. This is so lovely! I got reminiscent when you mentioned all the old Disney channel shows, like why am I not 11 anymore, I don't want to be a grown up! Haha. I have a "little" sister too (she's 16 so not that little anymore) and she has gorgeous long curls and I'm always the same with the hair advice! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you lovely!!! And haha I miss the old Disney Channel I want to be little again :( and Awww that's so cute!!! Xxxx

      Delete
  9. This is adorable omg! I feel emotional haha xx

    http://lifeofnabs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cute post! I totally agree, my sister just plays cooking games on the tablet whereas I would actually play with the kitchen set... she'll regret not using her imagination when she's older!
    Aleeha xXx
    www.halesaaw.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank ya lovely!! And awww, I used to love those huge kitchens hahaha!! xxxx

      Delete

© Life by Becky | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig